We may earn money or products from the companies mentioned in this post. Please see disclosure policy for details
The no-makeup look is in fashion nowadays, and the trend is here to stay. Attaining natural beauty, however, is not an instant process like waving a magic wand. Rather, it is a gradual process that you have to work upon regularly. Here are a few tips to enhance your natural beauty and radiance.
Follow a regular skincare regime
The basic trident approach of Cleanser, Toner, and Moisturizer may seem simple, but is crucial to having a healthy, glowing skin.
- Cleanse your face using a gentle face wash twice a day. This flushes out all the dust, impurities, and makeup from your skin pores.
- Exfoliate 2-3 times a week after you cleanse. Use a scrub to remove the layer of dead cells on your skin, which if not removed would make your skin look dull and dry.
- Using a Toner after cleansing tightens cell gaps and closes pores, and acts as a protective barrier against dirt, impurities and pollutants.
- Applying Moisturizer twice a day keeps your skin smooth, supple, and hydrated.
- Protect your skin from the sun. Sun damage is a leading cause of premature wrinkling and age spots. Always apply a thick coat of sunscreen of SPF of 30 or higher before going out in the Sun.
Always use skincare products with natural ingrdients
A lot of skincare products contain synthetic ingredients and fragrances that can harm your skin! Be very vigilant while choosing the products you use, and select ones that are enriched with the goodness of natural ingredients.
GROOM YOUR EYELASHES
Apart from acting as a protective barrier for your eyes, eyelashes also play a great role in enhancing the allure of your eye. A balanced, healthy diet is a prerequisite to having soft, fuller eyelashes. You can also consider adding Biotin supplements to your diet to promote their growth and longer, healthier eyelashes.
Rapidlash Eyelash enhancing serum is a paraben-free and fragrance-free product that you can apply for softer, longer eyelashes that look more voluminous and add significant charm to your beauty.
WORK ON YOUR NAILS
Long, smooth nails add a subtle layer of glamour to your overall looks, with or without nail polish. Remember to keep your fingernails dry and clean. This prevents bacteria from growing under your fingernails. Apply moisturizer on your fingernails too, while you are moisturizing your hands.
You can also consider using nail strengthening creams. The Hard As Hoof Nail Strengthening Cream is enriched with vitamins A, C, and E, calcium, and jojoba seed oil. Its unique formulation enhances nail growth and strengthens them, preventing splits, peels and cracks.
TAKE CARE OF YOUR LIPS
A smile is arguably one of the most attractive features a person can have. Supple, voluptuous lips have been celebrated through the ages. However, your lips are always exposed to the environment, and are especially susceptible to getting dry/chapped, hence need extra care and love.
Always keep a bottle of water by your side, so that you can get the dose of instant hydration whenever required. And stop that habit of smacking your tongue over your lips! Doing so breaks the protective barrier of the lips, and can cause drying and subsequent cracking of the mucosa. Instead, get in the habit of applying lip balms. Look for naturally hydrating ingredients in your lip balm – like jojoba oil, shea butter, or coconut oil.
Remember to invest some time in working out regularly. Run, jog, do yoga, or hit it up at the gym – exercising increases your circulation and cleanses your body to give a natural glow.
- Add proteins to your diet: Proteins are the structural blocks that make your skin, nails, and hair. Hence it is necessary to consume sufficient proteins to keep them healthy and radiant. Eat lots of lentils, eggs, meat, and fish.
- Drink lots of water, as it not only keeps your skin hydrated, but also flushes out toxins and cleanses the body.
- Cut down on sugars and foods with a high glycemic index. High sugar in your blood promotes inflammation and impedes healing.
- Eat lots of fruits and vegetables: Contain essential vitamins and minerals. They are also a rich source of antioxidants, which protect your body from the aging effects of free radicals.
CATCH UP ON SOME QUALITY SLEEP
The night is the time when your skin rejuvenates and heals. Catch up on 6-8 hours of daily sleep to wake up all refreshed and radiant. A full night’s sleep can bring about all the difference in your eye puffs, dark circles and crows’ feet, apart from adding a dash of natural glow to your visage.
DON’T NEGLECT YOUR JAWLINE
Remember to take out 5 minutes a day to exercise your facial muscles. A smooth, taut jawline adds to the charm of your face.
To Wrap It Up
Beauty is not just about your face. Looking beautiful is about your entire body, including the small things like eyebrows or fingernails, and also about how you carry yourself. Take these tips to enhance your natural beauty, and remember, a healthy diet is essential to maintain your health, and working out regularly is just as important.